Brian Griffiths's Gallery

Welcome to my photo gallery

Home / User comments

Filter
Display

• Jamie - Tuesday 2 October 2012 22:11
    The "deathball" arena. I remember a game when the whole school was involved in one game...and one poor lad copped for it. I'll never forget that look on his face!
  • Jamie - Tuesday 2 October 2012 22:08
    This building used to be the canteen / dinner hall while I was there ('85 - '89) - the left of the two doors being the schoolkids' entry and the door more central was for the "Executive Chefs" (dinnerladies!).
  • vena johnson (nee Riddell) - Thursday 13 September 2012 16:16
    I have a group photo from my Grandfathers house - who lived in Makin St Walton, of the Walton on the Hill St Mary's Bowling club, and you can see the back of the Brown Cow pub.Must have been early 1900's.Does anybody know anything about the bowling club?
  • ken - Sunday 5 August 2012 17:20
    is that croppers garage next to the pub
  • shabby - Monday 23 April 2012 07:18
    Hi, where was this?
  • The Seven Sisters ! - Friday 23 March 2012 15:40
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that this tunnel used to flood quite frequently and stink to high heaven with that rotten sewer type of stench - even in mid summer ( back in the days when we DID used to have a summer!) I remember the railway line that ran above. We used to search for voles and field mice sleeping under pieces of corrugated iron ! Then along would come the dreaded "PICK UP " - the single diesel engine speeding along and carrying the transport police. This train would stop anywhere and transport police would bail out and grab kids. It caused many a nightmare for me as I slept in Maria Road. Not far from this tunnel was a series of terraced streets which had some weird nonsensical paintings on the wall which made no sense to me at the time - I later worked out that is was all kinds of loyalist statements . Without wishing to start a debate- with hindsight I find this appalling - people living in the most basic of conditions showing deference and loyalty to the privileged minority. Sorry - back to the tunnel memories.....rats, rats and more rats !
  • James Hart - Sunday 11 March 2012 00:16
    Im just to left behind Mr Evans far right of
    photograph next to alad called Steve Redrobe
    Have fond memories
  • Trevor Potter - Sunday 6 November 2011 13:51
    Fantastic Picture. When I attended Alsop in the late 60's they demolished this to make way for a concrete flyover! It was the heyday of brutalism.
  • neil spruce - Saturday 1 October 2011 19:38
    remeber it quite well. lived in willowdale road and used to take my toy yacht to sail on the boating lake in the park,used to annoy my dad as I refused to go throughthe tunnel until the trains had gone past. Mum was dinner lady at northcote road school and me and my m,ate used to go iside the derelict atlas cinema to explore the inside
  • steven knowles - Wednesday 21 September 2011 12:18
    Thats me second row from the bottom extreme right next to graham kirkham, hated school.Wish i could go back and sort some old issues out instead of running away from them. Wally range was a cruel bastard and wilcox the games teacher. nev scales was ok and windy miller was a right wimp we had him crying every lesson ha.